Thursday, August 4, 2011

Help!! I'm drowning in a pile of clutter!!



        My organized office:)

                                                                 
        My office Arbonne closet is organized!!!

I finally, after 3 years of living in my house, bought a desk and organized my office.  It feels so good and I love it!  I promised my husband that if I just had a nice desk and an organized office to work in then I would use it.  I can typically be found sitting on my bed or the couch to work with my laptop and papers, etc. spread all around me.  I spent yesterday working at my desk and I got so much accomplished....it felt really good!!  It's easy for me to get distracted (I know, shocker right?:) so by sitting at my desk with everything around me organized, I don't feel so overwhelmed and can focus on what I need to get done.

I am notorious for letting things pile up until I am so overwhelmed that I do nothing and let the pile continue to build.  My filing system is a joke and I can be somewhat of a pack rat....holding onto things that I really don't need to keep.  I drive myself crazy with this because I really DO want to be organized....it's just not me!!  My husband, who is an organization freak (I'm not kidding...you should see his closet!), always tells me I should just do this or that and I wouldn't get so overwhelmed.  For those of you out there that are like me, you've probably heard this before and it's so frustrating because for us....IT'S NOT THAT EASY!!! :-)  If it were, I'd be the most organized person on the planet....because I really don't like chaos.   I do realize that my life would be easier and less chaotic if I would just take a few minutes a day to file papers, bills, etc. instead of letting them become huge mounds of paper.  I waste more time I'm sure looking for things because of my disorganization.  I can start one thing and next thing I know I'm on to something else, forgetting what I even started on....anyone with me on this???  Surely, it's not just me:)

Now that I'm enjoying my almost organized office, I'm inspired to tackle a few other areas that need attention...my closet being one of them!  So, in my continuous countdown to 40 project, the third thing on my list of things I want to work on is ORGANIZATION!!  Yep, I'm going to do it!!  It's not going to be easy, but I'm going to get my life in order....both my business and personal.  I know it's going to take some time, but I plan on carving out a little time every day to organize closets, papers, bills etc. until I get on top of it.  Here goes nothing!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Katie...this is SOOOOO me!! I am constantly CRAVING organization, but I feel so overwhelmed with all of the things that need organizing. So I usually stare at the mess and do nothing!! It's so frustrating! Last week, I took the MOUND of papers that needed filing (yes, I do exactly what you do) and it took me 2 hours to put every single bill, receipt, and statement in it's place! Why can't I just do this on a daily basis and make my life better? Don't even TALK to me about the closets! I just want to cry when I walk in them. And the desk I am sitting at right now is SURROUNDED by papers and electronics and things that I don't need to be sitting on this desk!!

    So...after reading your blog, today's goal is to organize my desk!!! That's what I'm going to do. In fact, I'm going to TURN OFF the computer while I'm doing it...otherwise, I'll end up goofing around on Facebook! ;) Thanks for giving me a kick start! I love your blog! Keep it up, and keep on inspiring!! xox :)

    ReplyDelete