Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bathing suit ready?? Not me!!

My Zumba certification group:)

I spent all day last Saturday in downtown Columbus getting my Zumba certification.  I'm really excited about it and, at the same time, a little nervous.  In the next several weeks I will start teaching group classes at the church I attend and am looking forward to it, but am really stepping out of my comfort zone to do so.  I have never been a dancer...I was a gymnast and cheerleader, which means stiff moves and 8 counts:) The thing I love about Zumba though is that anyone can do it...it's not just for dancers like I had assumed:)  The reality is I'm never going to have Latin hips, but that's ok...it's still a lot of fun and a great workout!!

I decided to start a program based on the huge need for health and wellness.  With my degree in Sport/Exercise Science and Health Education, I have a huge passion for it and I love helping other people reach goals.  What I've learned is that most people want to be healthier, they just don't know how to do it.  There are so many different ideas about what the best way to lose weight or get in shape is,  that it can be very overwhelming to say the least.  My goal for the Zumba class is that everyone has so much fun that they don't realize they're burning calories doing it:)  I'm planning on starting a boot camp class as well, which will be great fun too!!  If you live in Mount Vernon, get in contact with me and I'll get you some info about the fitness classes that will be at the First Naz gym:)  

Of course, along with working out, our diet is extremely important as well.  This is where we miss it often times.  People think that if they're working out then they can eat whatever they want and be ok.  The reality is that if you really want to change your body, it's going to be more about your diet plan than your workout plan.  Fatigue, anxiety, absent mindedness and depression are just a few of the many problems that can be attributed to our diets.  I offer classes to educate people more on this as well and love it!!  I'm thankful that I get to do what I love while helping others!!  

I'm getting so close to forty and I can honestly say that I've never felt better.  Yes, my body cracks and aches a little more than it used too, but that's ok....40 is the new 30 right? :-)  I'm going to continue to work on myself from the inside out and outside in, as well as help others do the same.  I'm not going to let getting older keep me from setting goals and staying fit.  I hope you'll join with me!!  Feel free to email me at kpeterson620@gmail.com or visit katiepeterson.myarbonne.com if you'd like more info about setting up a plan to get bathing suit ready for the summer or if you just want to feel better!!  You won't regret making the decision to get healthy...I promise!!    

         

No comments:

Post a Comment